Last Modified: 13 May 2020
This website (kokuyo.com, referred hereinafter as “this site”) is operated by KOKUYO Co., Inc. (referred hereinafter as “KOKUYO”) and its associated companies. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to each of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
Copyright to all information, including text and images contained in this site, belongs to KOKUYO, its associated companies, or other copyright holders who have approved KOKUYO to use their copyrighted materials.
Use of the content of this site (copying, altering, reprinting, reproducing, distributing, etc.,) other than reprinting or saving it for personal use, and other use within the scope permitted by the copyright law, is prohibited.
All rights relating to each trademark, logo or trade name appearing throughout this site shall belong to KOKUYO Group or the respective right holder that has approved its use by KOKUYO Group. Trademark right law and other laws prohibit use of these trademarks, logos and trade names without approval of KOKUYO GROUP, unless within the scope permitted by these laws. Contact KOKUYO Group to obtain prior approval in the event that any such use is intended.
Disclaimer of content warranties
KOKUYO Group pays careful attention to the selection of information presented on this site, but makes no express or implied warranties whatsoever with respect to the accuracy and integrity of the information provided. KOKUYO Group assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any errors or omissions related to the content of this site. KOKUYO Group assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any damages resulting from the use of this site.
Links to and from third-party web sites
KOKUYO Group assumes no responsibility for the contents of third-party web sites linked to and from this site (referred hereinafter as “linked sites”). In the event you use a linked site, you must follow the terms of service of that linked site. KOKUYO Group assumes no responsibility for contents of the linked site, and thus will not be liable for any damages arising from using such sites.
KOKUYO Group may provide information regarding its future business and performance on this site. Such information is to any extent an immediate prediction at the time of its disclosure, and may contain risks or uncertainty. The actual business and performance of KOKUYO Group may differ considerably from the information provided on the site depending on various unforeseen factors. These may relate to such matters as the economic situation and market trends surrounding the business of KOKUYO Group. Therefore, you should refrain from relying solely on such information.
Contributing ideas, etc.
In a certain section of the content on this site, KOKUYO Group may solicit ideas, etc., from the public. In such an event, the handling of the received idea will be subject to the conditions specified in the application guidelines, provided in the relevant section of the content of this site. Other than the method provided above, KOKUYO Group does not solicit ideas, etc., from the public on this site, or through electronic mail or land mail.
In spite of the preceding paragraph, if you send your ideas, etc., to KOKUYO Group by electronic mail, land mail or other means, KOKUYO assumes that you have accepted the following terms regarding the ideas, etc., that you have sent.
Even in the event that the same idea as, or similar idea to the proposal you have sent in is adopted in its entirety or in part to a future product, KOKUYO Group assumes no responsibility whatsoever to the proposer, this includes payment for compensation or remuneration.
This site treats personal information of its users with respect, and KOKUYO Group strives for the protection of your privacy. Please see “Personal Information Protection Policy” for details.
Governing laws and court of jurisdiction
Last Modified: 13 May 2020
Definitions & Interpretation
1. Unless otherwise defined herein below, the definitions set out in Terms of Service and Personal Information Protection Policy will apply to these Terms of Subscription Service.
2. The terms and conditions under the Terms of Service and Personal Information Protection Policy shall apply to these Terms of Subscription Service mutatis mutandis as long as they do not conflict with these Terms of Subscription Service.
1. A Subscriber must be at least 20 (twenty) years old and have the legal capacity to enter into and form any contracts.
2. If you are below 20 (twenty) years old or do not have legal capacity to enter into contracts, you must first obtain:
Subscription to the Product(s)
1. You may start the Subscription to the Product(s) on the Site via a Subscriber’s account with Kokuyo Thailand by placing the Product(s) into a cart and completing the Subscription form on the Site. Each Subscription is for each Product.
2. The Subscription is conditional upon Kokuyo Thailand’s acceptance at its sole discretion which will be informed to you by the Subscription confirmation. Each Subscription accepted by Kokuyo Thailand shall constitute a Subscription contract between the Subscriber and Kokuyo Thailand according to these Terms of Subscription Service. For the avoidance of doubt, the charge of the first payment, subject to Clause 6 paragraph two, does not mean the Subscription contract has been formed.
2. All Subscriptions will be deemed to be irrevocable and unconditional upon transmission through the Site and Kokuyo Thailand shall be entitled (but not obliged) to process for such Subscription and collect payment(s) without the Subscriber’s further consent and without any further notice to the Subscriber.
1. The Subscription term for all Subscription contracts is 1 (one ) month commencing from Kokuyo Thailand’s notification of Subscription confirmation to the Subscriber as per Clause 3 paragraph two above. The Subscriber agrees that each Subscription shall be automatically renewed on the same terms unless and until cancelled or terminated according to these Terms of Subscription Service.
2. In the event that the Subscription term is renewed up to 6 (six) months, the Subscriber shall allow Kokuyo Thailand or its designated person(s) to inspect, clean and/or perform any necessary actions for the maintenance of the subscribed Product(s). Kokuyo Thailand shall notify the Subscriber at least 3 (three) Business Days prior to such appointment.
1. The Subscription Fee of the Product(s) is listed on the Site and at the time at which your request for the Subscription is transmitted to Kokuyo Thailand.
2. The Subscription to each Product is subject to a minimum Subscription Fee of Baht 3,000 (three thousand Baht only). Such minimum Subscription Fee may be amended by Kokuyo Thailand at any time without giving any reason or notice.
3. The Subscription Fee includes the one-time delivery and pick-up service (to and from the Subscriber’s designated address subject to Clause 8 paragraph one).
4. All Subscription Fees are inclusive of VAT.
5. If the Subscriber are required by law to make any withholding tax, the relevant withholding tax certificate shall be delivered to Kokuyo Thailand without delay.
1. Subscriber shall make payment using any of the payment methods as prescribed by Kokuyo Thailand and shall authorize Kokuyo Thailand to charge the Subscription Fee and any other charges incurred as a result of the Subscription (if any) per the Subscriber’s selected payment method.
2. The Subscription Fee will be charged on a monthly basis per the Subscriber’s selected payment method throughout the Subscription term. The first payment will be charged immediately upon the completion of the Subscription form. The ongoing payments will be charged on the calendar day corresponding to the delivery day (for example, the Subscription is made on 1 July and the subscribed Product(s) is delivered on 5 July, the first payment will be charged on 1 July but the ongoing payments will be charged on every 5th (fifth) date of the month thereafter, starting from 5 August).
3. If the selected payment method cannot be completed and is not remedied before the next billing cycle is due to be collected, Kokuyo Thailand shall be entitled to terminate the Subscription contract without prior notice or demand.
4. The payment method, billing information, or any issue relating to the payment can be amended by contacting Kokuyo Thailand via e-mail (email@example.com) from time to time and Subscriber is deemed to authorize Kokuyo Thailand to continue to charge per the updated payment method.
5. If the Subscriber would like to request for a refund, the Subscriber may send a request stating the reasons for such refund to Kokuyo Thailand via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). All refunds are subject to Kokuyo Thailand’s sole discretion and conditional upon Kokuyo Thailand’s acceptance of a valid return of the subscribed Products. All refunds shall be made via original payment mechanism and to the person who made the original payment only. Kokuyo Thailand does not guarantee the timeliness of the refunds as the processing of a refund is subject to the respective banks’ and/or payment gateway service providers’ internal processing timeline. ç
1. The Subscriber may modify the Subscription by sending the request to Kokuyo Thailand (email@example.com) at least 3 (three) Business Days prior to the scheduled delivery or pick-up date.
2. In the event that such request is not made at least 3 (three) Business Days prior to the scheduled delivery or pick-up, the modification fee of Baht 500 (five hundred Baht only) will be applied.
Delivery and Pick-up of Subscribed Product(s)
1. Kokuyo Thailand provides the delivery and pick-up services of the subscribed Products to addresses in Bangkok and surrounding areas only.
2. The Subscriber may schedule for the preferred delivery and pick-up appointment (Monday to Saturday, excluding Sundays and public holidays). Kokuyo Thailand will endeavor to accommodate the Subscriber’s request and confirm the delivery or pick-up appointment in advance. Without any guarantee and subject to the Subscriber’s appointment, Kokuyo Thailand will endeavor to complete the delivery within 5 (five) Business Days following the completion of the Subscription form and relevant payments.
3. The delivery or pick-up appointment may be rescheduled by contacting Kokuyo Thailand at least 3 (three) Business Days prior to the scheduled date. Otherwise, a rescheduling fee may be charged.
4. Unless otherwise specified, any handling expenses incurred upon the Subscriber’s request will be charged at Baht 500 (five hundred Baht only) per subscribed Product/time.
5. The Subscriber or the Subscriber’s designated person (acting on the Subscriber’s behalf and shall be deemed to be the Subscriber’s own actions) shall be at the delivery or pick-up address upon the scheduled delivery or pick-up. Upon the delivery, the Subscriber or the Subscriber’s designated person (acting on the Subscriber’s behalf and shall be deemed to be the Subscriber’s own actions) shall be required to sign the delivery document(s) handed by Kokuyo Thailand or its designated person(s) and the Subscriber shall be deemed to have received the subscribed Product(s) in a like-new condition unless any remark is clearly indicated in such delivery document(s).
Returns and Exchange of the Subscribed Product(s)
1. Subject to Clause 7, the Subscriber may, during the Subscription term at any time after the delivery of the subscribed Product(s), upgrade or exchange the subscribed Product(s) for other Product(s) by sending the written request to Kokuyo Thailand via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 5 (five) Business Days in advance. A processing fee will be charged at Baht 500 (five hundred Baht only) per Product/time. The difference of the Subscription Fee will be collected immediately upon the date of the Subscriber’s request in case the Subscription Fee of exchanged Product(s) is higher than the current subscribed Product(s). For the avoidance of doubt, the Subscriber will not be entitled to any refund if the Subscription Fee of exchanged Product(s) is cheaper.
2. After the delivery of the subscribed Product(s), the Subscriber may submit a request for a return of the subscribed Product(s) to Kokuyo Thailand via e-mail (email@example.com). The subscribed Product(s) must be returned in the same condition it was delivered in (normal wear and tear excepted) and the refund is subject to Clause 6 paragraph five.
Title and Risk of Loss of the subscribed Product(s)
1. The Subscriber acknowledge and agree that the title in the subscribed Product(s) shall at all times remain the property of Kokuyo Thailand. The Subscriber shall have no right, title or interest in or to the subscribed Product(s) save for the right to use of the subscribed Product(s) subject to these Terms of Subscription Service.
2. The risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction of the subscribed Product(s) shall pass to the Subscriber upon the delivery, except for the risk of damage caused by the negligence of Kokuyo Thailand.
Obligations of Kokuyo Thailand
1. Kokuyo Thailand shall maintain, inspect, deeply clean, disinfect and refurbish the Product(s) in a like-new condition before delivering to the Subscriber. Kokuyo Thailand guarantees that the reparation for the Product(s) will be done with new official spare parts from Kokuyo Group.
2. Kokuyo Thailand shall undertake the maintenance for all normal wear and tear i.e. scratches, fading, dirt, smudges and/or loose parts or fabric arising out of the ordinary and suitable usage (to use only for the purposes for which it is designed).
Obligations of the Subscriber
1. The Subscriber shall hold the subscribed Product(s) as Kokuyo Thailand's fiduciary agent and/or bailee as the case may be.
2. The Subscriber shall use the subscribed Product(s) according to its ordinary and suitable usage (to use only for the purposes for which it is designed) and keep the subscribed Product(s) in a suitable environment.
3. The subscribed Product(s) shall be kept at all times at the Subscriber’s designated delivery address and shall not move, relocate or attempt to move or relocate any part of the subscribed Product(s) to any other location without Kokuyo Thailand’s prior written consent. Kokuyo Thailand reserves the right to terminate the Subscription contract if such new address is outside service areas provided by Kokuyo Thailand.
4. The Subscriber shall not sub-lease, transfer, create or allow to be created of any lien or encumbrance on, or assign any rights or obligations under these Terms of Subscription Service to any third party without advance written consent of Kokuyo Thailand.
5. The Subscriber shall keep, maintain, look after and preserve, on a regular basis and at a Subscriber’s expenses, the subscribed Product(s) in a good working condition throughout the Subscription term and any renewals thereof.
6. Unless otherwise specified, a Subscriber shall be responsible for the loss of or all damage to the subscribed Product(s) arising from unsuitable or improper use, willful vandalization, negligence, abnormal working conditions, excessive load, and/or modification to the original condition of the subscribed Product(s).
7. Upon receiving reasonable written advance notice of at least 3 (three) Business Days from Kokuyo Thailand, the Subscriber shall allow Kokuyo Thailand or its designated person(s) to inspect the condition of and/or provide maintenance services on the subscribed Product(s).
8. The Subscriber shall not make alteration to the subscribed Product(s) and shall not remove any existing component(s) from the subscribed Product(s). The Subscriber shall also refrain from removing, altering, erasing, defacing or otherwise interfering with any identification number or mark which is adhesive to the subscribed Product(s).
9. The Subscriber shall keep Kokuyo Thailand fully informed of all material matters relating to the subscribed Product(s).
Limitation of Liability
1. The return of the subscribed Product(s) and refund of the Subscription Fee are the Subscriber’s sole and exclusive remedies for non-conformity or defects of the subscribed Product(s).
2. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these T&Cs, Kokuyo Thailand’s maximum cumulative liability to the Subscriber or to any other parties for all losses and damages under, arising out of, or relation to each Subscription contract, tort (including negligence), by way of indemnity or otherwise, shall not exceed the sums that the Subscriber has paid to Kokuyo Thailand under such Subscription contract.
3. Kokuyo Thailand shall not be liable to the Subscriber, whether arising in contract, unlawful act (including negligence), by way of indemnity or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, business interruption or indirect or consequential loss or damage, or damages for emotional distress, moral damages or any other immaterial loss or damage, which the Subscriber or any third party may suffer or incur resulting from or arising out of this Subscription contract.
Cancellation of Subscription
1. A Subscriber may cancel the Subscription at any time by sending a request to Kokuyo Thailand via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) subject to the following conditions:
Termination with cause
1. Without prejudice to the right under Clause 6 paragraph three, Kokuyo Thailand may terminate the Subscription contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Subscriber if:
2. Upon termination in accordance with Clause 15 paragraph one, the Subscriber shall not be entitled to a refund of any paid amounts and the subscribed Product(s) shall be returned to Kokuyo Thailand at the date and time scheduled by Kokuyo Thailand.